The older class turned in their "Get To Know Me Poster" this week; I was very impressed with the level of creativity and work they put into their homework.
This week we are working on some crazy stories. I gave each student a card that told them the topic sentence, setting, main characters, resolution, lesson, etc. They had to use these random card choices to create a cohesive story. We worked on these in class, but if they didn't finish it is their homework this week. If they did finish in class it would be wonderful if they typed their story.
In the younger class we finished our "Get To Know Me Poster". The poster will come home next week. We also played a game; I rolled the dice and the number I landed on is how many words they had to add to the story that was just passed to them. Then they passed the story on until we had gone around about seven times. We ended up with some interesting stories.
Please make sure your child comes to class with paper and a pencil, it is hard to write a story without them.
No comments:
Post a Comment