Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Adventure Stories

We started class with notes to each other about things that we like about each person. It was a sweet way to start off a Valentine's class.

We took the characters we developed last week in class and took them on an adventure. I handed out cards that had to be used for the topic sentence, setting, lesson, plot, etc. Then everyone wrote a crazy adventure story. Their homework is to finish the story and type it or rewrite it.

If your student missed class today they can use these prompts:
Topic Sentence- As soon as I closed my eyes I began to dream.
Plot- I had to save the planet from...
Setting- In an amusement park.
Characters- Jellyfish and your best friend (one of these can be replaced with the character from last week).
Resolution- I solved the case.
Lesson- I learned a lesson. Always be...

We will be taking the week of March 25-29 off for Easter Vacation.
Happy Valentine's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment