Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I am a vendor for Horizon Charter School!

It's official, I am now a vendor with Horizon Charter School!  I'm thankful for all those who helped move that process along.

We have been going over compare and contrast essays extensively in class, all the scholars have learned what a Venn Diagram is add how to use it to brainstorm ideas for their essays. Hopefully everyone is feeling ready for their writing exam later this month. Your E.S. should have all the information for the test.

We are now up to 100 words in Greek and Latin, and the competition in the game "Around the World" is getting intense. If you would like to buy flashcards to help your student study we are using "English From the Roots Up", we will be using both set one and two.

We have also been working on becoming good storytellers, and telling a story in chronological order. Please have your scholars read their stories to you and give them feedback.

Hopefully your student in enjoying class as much as I am enjoying teaching it. Everyone is studying and writing to the best of their ability and it really shows in the progress they are making.

No comments:

Post a Comment